Grinder Pump Program FAQ Brochure: Click Here
As a grinder pump owner, to help reduce service calls and extend the life of your pump, here are a few simple tips to keep in mind:
• No amount of grease should be washed down the drain,
• No paint should be washed down any drains,
• No flushing of paper towels, feminine products, contraceptives, or baby wipes/diapers,
• Make sure tank is visible. Do not cover with mulch or any other debris or landscaping,
• Try and maintain a clear 5 foot radius around the tank for easy access.
One option to keep the plumbing in your home and grinder unit free of grease build up is to pour liquid enzymes down any drains in your home (in accordance with product recommendations). These will help keep your pipes draining properly as well as keep the tank free of grease accumulation. You can find these enzymes at any home improvement store.