Community Relations Director
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Relations Department
The purpose of the Community Relations Department is to perform administrative/managerial functions associated with the planning, organization and implementation of various public relations activities designed to increase public awareness and understanding of City projects, programs, services and policies, and to promote citizen participation and volunteerism in City government. Duties and responsibilities include acting as a public information officer; representing the City at various functions/events; planning/coordinating activities and events; developing informational materials; preparing news releases/information; and responding to citizens' requests for information.
|Eddy Arnold Amphitheater|
A few of the specific responsibilities of the Community Relations Department include:
• Ravenswood House, Historic Buildings & Historic Area, Marcella Vivrette Smith Park - restoration/preservation
• Cool Springs Historic House – restoration; maintenance; day to day operation
• Interstate 65 Interchanges – landscape/ maintenance
• New Residents Informational Packets
• Town Center Way – maintenance
• Boiling Spring Academy – restoration/supervision
• Boiling Spring Academy Education Programs
• Concerts in the Park – coordination
• July 4th Celebration
• Eddy Arnold Amphitheater & Roof – design
• Fundraising – restoration/historic projects, concerts in the park
• Historic Brentwood Commission – City Board
Cool Springs House
• Government access Cable Channel 19
• Community Guide – citizen information
• City Signage – wayfinding/city limits
• Brentwood Gateway Entrance Project
• Historic Preservation Plan
• Interpretive Signage on Bikeway
• Sewer Petitions
• 911 Referendum Committee
• All City Historic Areas – supervision/maintenance
• NES Substation Committee
• Street Banners
• Brentwood Historical Society – volunteer organization
• Historic Brentwood Video
• City Newsletter
• ‘A Day in Brentwood’s Past’ School Program
• City Informational Brochures
Boiling Spring Academy
• Brentwood Tree Committee
• Adopt-a-Mile Program
• City Christmas Decorations & Christmas Tree
• Coordinate City Volunteer Programs
• Arbor Day
• City Wide Christmas Luminaries
• Annexations – citizen requested
• Brentwood 2020 plan – volunteer liaison
Some of the general responsibilities of this position include:
• Acts as a public information officer, representing City government to community individuals/organizations; serves as a staff liaison between the City and other entities as requested.
• Supervises/coordinates activities in the historic area of city parks; oversees continued refurbishing and maintenance of City's historic facilities.
• Compiles/edits semi-annual newsletter to citizens; generates news items and news releases as appropriate.
• Researches, organizes, and develops various materials for public information/education.
• Plans/coordinates various functions, special events, seasonal activities, receptions, etc.
• Coordinates volunteer work by citizens.
• Coordinates community relations and informational needs for other departments as required.
• Attends meetings, ceremonies, conferences, etc., as a representative of the City.
• Assists in preparation of annual budgets as appropriate (e.g., Community Relations Department, Historic Preservation Area).
• Prepares and/or generates routine correspondence, letters, memoranda, forms, reports and other documents.
• Prepares departmental files; maintains file system of departmental records.
• Provides information; takes/relays web messages and/or phone calls to appropriate personnel.
• Responds to routine requests for information from officials, members of the staff, the public or other individuals; responds to citizen complaints.
• Uses knowledge of various software programs to operate a computer in an effective and efficient manner.
• Keeps abreast of new trends/advances in the profession; maintains professional affiliations; reads professional literature; attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.